Date(s) - 27 Aug 2014 until 30 Aug 2014
8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
The Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference is coming to San Antonio, Texas, August 27-30, 2014! With over 160 sessions, there will be something for all levels of genealogists and family historians — beginner to advanced. Plus, there will be a huge exhibit hall, luncheons, special activities, and local research opportunities.
The FGS conference is unique compared to other national conferences because they dedicate one whole day to society management along with having programming for librarians and researchers. TSGS is proud to be a local co-host of this event along with the San Antonio Genealogical and Historical Society. Below is all the important information you’ll need to know.
If you are a genealogy and family historian of any skill level looking to improve your research skills, learn about new technologies, and network with other researchers who “get” your genealogy obsession, then days Thursday, Friday, and Saturday will be what you’re looking for.
- For more information, to check out the sessions, and to register, please visit the FGS 2014 Conference Program Page.
- Early-bird discount is available if you register by July 1st.
- Wednesday is Society Focus Day with plenty of sessions and workshops to help you grow and effectively manage your society. Take a look at the offerings for societies at the FGS 2014 Conference website.
- Societies who are members of FGS can also have a table in Society Showcase in the Exhibit Hall to promote your society with brochures and sample publications (these can be staffed or unstaffed and the fee is $30); societies can also sponsor a table at the Wednesday luncheon; and even rent a booth in the exhibit hall (if a society has something to sell). Go to the FGS 2014 Conference Website for more information for these Society Showcase opportunities.
- Also, download the FGS 2014 Conference Registration Press Release and promote the information at your meetings & events, or send out to your members via email or your own monthly newsletter.
- You can also view, download, or save to your computer the PDF version of the beautiful FGS 2014 Conference Brochure. (Black and white flyers and logos are coming soon for promotion and we will send links for those to societies and District Reps via email.)
- Tuesday afternoon is sponsored by ProQuest and is dedicated to you and what matters to you the most — genealogy and libraries. For more information, please visit the FGS 2014 Librarian’s Day page.
- Also, please feel free to download the FGS 2014 Conference Press Release and make copies to pass out at your library or to post in your library to help get the word out.
- You can also view, download, or save to your computer the PDF version of the beautiful FGS 2014 Conference Brochure. (Black and white flyers and logos are coming soon for promotion and we will send links for those to you via email.)
- Luncheons – When you register you will have an opportunity to add-on luncheons. These tend to fill up quickly so don’t wait too long to decide.
- Evening at the Institute of Texan Cultures – Wednesday evening.
- A Night in Old San Antonio – Friday evening at La Villita.
- Sponsored Tour to Panna Maria
- The FGS 2014 Conference Hotel is the Marriott Riverwalk Hotel. Click here for more information.
- Volunteers are needed for the FGS Conference so click here for more details on where you can help out. Partial reimbursement on your registration fee is offered.
- Volunteers are needed for the TSGS Booth in the Exhibit Hall. We will be sending more information in another email to give you the opportunity to sign-up.
- FGS has an app that includes the FGS Conference so download it today for your iOS or Android devices.
The FGS 2014 Conference in San Antonio is a wonderful opportunity to attend a national conference, learn from popular speakers, and to make new genealogy friends (or visit with those you haven’t seen in a while).