Cranes Mill Cemetery

Welcome Forums Genealogy Comal County Queries Cranes Mill Cemetery

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      coersj

Have you had a reply? What do you need to know about the Cemetery?

lreed299

😕 I would like to know how to get a hold of anyone with the cemetery. My family is buried there and we still need to get the headstone put up there but not sure or how to contact anyone about this. I have looked for a phone number but I have not found anything.

coersj

I believe I can help you. My parents are buried there and I live nearby. I’m not aware of a map of each grave site there, but am doing research on the cemetery. What exactly do you need to know? The name/number of the “Caretaker” of the cemetery? Where to obtain a headstone? etc.

What is the name(s) of the individual(s) buried there?

lreed299

I spoke to a lady yesterday, her husband may be the caretaker but I am not sure, name is Ken Ellis – did not get much out of her or him as he was sick. What I am trying to find out is what/who I need to speak to about getting the headstone put up. We originally had it at Sunset but my grandfather (buried in 94) and my uncle (buried in 89) are both buried at Cranes Mill. My grandparents moved to Canyon Lake back in the 80’s so we want to have it there (it was never set at Sunset, we have had the stone for over 5 years ready to place at Cranes Mill) bury my grandmothers ashes as well. I do not know what the cost is or who to contact about putting the stone up

coersj

lreed, I sent a response to you by email, but not certain if you saw. Posted below:

Yes, Ken Ellis is the caretaker. As for placing the stone marker, I am not aware of any prerequisites, I believe if you can get the stone transported to Cranes Mill Cemetery, you can place it yourself , I may be around to help. I placed a small stone at the foot of my father’s grave to recognize his WWII service. So are you looking to transport the stone yourself or hire someone? As for an urn of ashes are you looking to bury them within the family plot or scatter them? There may be an covenant about that, especially to scatter. Let me know.

lreed299

coersj – I did not get an email from you. We will be up there this Friday, we have the stone and can transport it, we just don’t know what the cost would be to have the stone placed. The ashes we would probably just want to bury.

ragbag

I need to do some grave hunting at Cranes Mill Cemetery. I was hoping to find a map “of” the cemetery. Does anyone know if there is one and how I might obtain a copy?

coersj

This is the latest information from Mr. Ellis (830-660-2655) (Sexton or caretaker of the Cranes Mill Cemetery.)

It is OK to put the stone in yourself. Friday is OK in that, out of respect for others, there will be no services being conducted that placing a stone would be a distraction.

You may bury ashes at the gravesite. **It must be buried 2 feet below surface in a container.

Mr. Ellis can meet you there if you like, just call in advance, however, he will not be able to assist with setting up the stone or with any digging.

If you need assistance with setting the stone up, it is recommended you call Mrs. Margaret Dietz at Dietz Memorial in New Braunfels (1-800-253-1925 or 830-606-0261).

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.