Tietze Family Query

Welcome Forums Genealogy Comal County Queries Tietze Family Query

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      grampa
      Participant

Anna Marie Hofer married Charles G. Tietze 9/6/1892 in Comal County by Chief Justice Adolph Giesecke. Marriage Records Vol. G, 1888-1897, License 2993. Comal County Genealogy Society Marriage books page 28. In my research in this area, individual by the name Charles often went by “Carl.” I will look through the cemetery book to try to find Charles. I have a marriage database & hope this has helped some. I will search for later marriages to confirm whether or not she remarried. Grama

edited by: grampa, Feb 07, 2013 – 02:16 PM

mesmith40

I am tracking down what appears to be a bit of a mystery. My great grandmother was Erna Tietze – born in New Braunfels in 1893. She was a twin of Ernst Charles Tietze. Their mother was Anna Maria Hofer. The mystery involves the father (Tietze). Erna’s 1937 death certificate signed by her brother listed her father’s name as “Charles”. In the 1900 Census on New Braunfels listed and and children living with her father Joseph Hofer and her status as “widowed”. I can find not a trace of a “Charles Tietze” in any online record…. but intrigingly enough there is a “Carl” Tietze of about the right age…. but no death record for him in the 1890 – 1900 time period. Any information or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.