Information sought Wersdoerfer/Klinger Shooting

Welcome Forums Genealogy Comal County Queries Information sought Wersdoerfer/Klinger Shooting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      regdeleon

Looking for further information on Wersdoerfer/Klinger shooting. Only information I have been able to obtain gives on further details then the below information.

“Date: June 1851 – Joseph Wersdoerfer shot Mrs. Wilhelm Klinger. Joseph was then shot at the courthouse and dragged out of town on a cowhide.”

I have searched census records for Klinger surname with no luck for matches of Wilhelm. Also seems strange to me that Joseph would have been shot (dead?) and then run out of town?

If anyone can point me in the right direction for further information, it would be much appreciated. (I don’t live in Texas so any original record research would have to be done long distance.)

Thank you in advance for your help.

JLS1959

I have some additional information on this and Wilhelm Klinger. He is in the 1850 Census as “Clinger” in Guadelupe County. Wersdoerfer is also spelled Werserfer in places like the New Braunfels founding fathers monument. I don’t live in Texas either & have had to rely on relatives there for much of my information. I am expecting to receive from one of them a court record (or notes about it – I am not sure). any day now. Mrs. Klinger (Dorothea) was my Great Great Grandmother.

Jerry Sparkman
      Cerritos, Ca.

regdeleon

Jerry,

Thank you for replying to my post! I would appreciate any information you would be willing to share with me.

Also, thanks for letting me know where I could locate Wilhelm and Dorothea in the census.

I can be contacted via email: kinfolknews at aceweb.com.

By the way, we live fairly close to each other. I live in San Pedro. (Small world!)

Regina 😀

regdeleon

Looking for further information on Wersdoerfer/Klinger shooting. Only information I have been able to obtain gives on further details then the below information.

“Date: June 1851 – Joseph Wersdoerfer shot Mrs. Wilhelm Klinger. Joseph was then shot at the courthouse and dragged out of town on a cowhide.”

I have searched census records for Klinger surname with no luck for matches of Wilhelm. Also seems strange to me that Joseph would have been shot (dead?) and then run out of town?

If anyone can point me in the right direction for further information, it would be much appreciated. (I don’t live in Texas so any original record research would have to be done long distance.)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.