Heinrich “Henry” Bitter

Welcome Forums Genealogy Comal County Queries Heinrich “Henry” Bitter

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am looking for information on the above and his wife Charlotte Reeb. He was born about 1797 in Germany and she was born about 1809. He died in Comal County May 26, 1850. I don’t have a death date for Charlotte. They had seven children.

Anonymous

Charlotte must have died – maybe when they were on their way to Texas, or walking to New Braunfels. He married Caroline Schulz in Comal County on July 18, 1847. They had a child, Wilhelmine, in about 1848. I found their marriage record online, as well as a couple of immigration records. One says he arrived in 1844, the other says 1845. His death record from the U. S. Census Mortality index is also available.

I did not have his birth or death dates, so your information helped me find all the rest.

Caroline remarried in November of 1850 to Wilhelm Fenske. They had several children, and she died in 1878, I believe.

Anonymous

I also was looking at the marriage record for Heinrich Bitter and Caroline Schulz. I noticed on their marriage document it states he was 43 at the time of their marriage in 1847. She was 26.

Anonymous

I am looking for information on the above and his wife Charlotte Reeb. He was born about 1797 in Germany and she was born about 1809. He died in Comal County May 26, 1850. I don’t have a death date for Charlotte. They had seven children.

Admin note: This came as an anonymous comment….

I have a record of a Phillip Bitter and a Henry Bitter in Selma in the 1850’s. Henry Bitter is also in the Bexar County Clerk deed records as having property in Bexar County.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.