Alves Family

Welcome Forums Genealogy Comal County Queries Alves Family

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      mason_tx

Hi,
      I would like to find out more information on the family of Ernst Alves, Jr. (my great-grandfather). I have seen the newspaper articles about his death as a fireman and heard stories from my family, but I cannot seem to find any information on this side of the family past his parents (Ernst Alves, Sr. and Paula Kloepper). Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!
      -Mason

regdeleon

Hi,
      I’m not familiar with this family but some more details such as DOB, Place of Birth, DOD, etc. would be helpful.

I did a quick search on Ancestry for the name Ernst Alves in Comal Co. and found several listings including a WWI draft registration card. If you are not a subscriber to Ancestry, try your local library. Some libraries have a free subscription to Ancestry that is available only in the library.

Looking at the card, his DOB is listed as 19 Jan 1898 and his nearest relative is listed as “Paula N???day”. Is it possible the Paula remarried after Ernst Sr. died??

There is also a 1900 census in Comal Co., Texas listing Ernst Alves born in Jan 1898 living with the Lorette Kloepper family. Below is the listing of the HH members:
      Household Members:
      Name Age
      Lorette Kloepper 60
      Johanne Kloepper 39
      Albert Kloepper 28
      Paula Kloepper 24
      Emma Kloepper 17
      Ernst Alves 2

Hope this little bit helps in your search.

regdeleon

Sorry. Posted twice.

edited by: regdeleon, Jun 22, 2010 – 10:18 AM

mason_tx

Hi,
      Thank you for your reply. Ernst Alves Jr. was born in 1898-1899 in Comal county, TX and passed away in 1947 at the Eiband and Fisher store fire in New Braunfels. I have not been able to find any information on Ernst Alves Sr, but I would assume he would have been born either in Texas or Germany.
      Thanks!
      Mason

willmann
      Participant

Ernst Alves b. December 14, 1870 d. November 2, 1939 buried Comal Cemetery, New Braunfels, Tx…Ida Alves b. March 1, 1877 d. January 10, 1952 buried Comal Cemetery, New Braunfels, TX

mason_tx

Thank you for the information – I have seen this Ernst Alves before; however, I cannot seem to find a link between him and my family. I was unable to see that he was married to Paula Kloepper, and the census records never showed the Ernst Alves born in 1870 as living with Paula or Ernst Jr.

mason_tx

Hi,
      I would like to find out more information on the family of Ernst Alves, Jr. (my great-grandfather). I have seen the newspaper articles about his death as a fireman and heard stories from my family, but I cannot seem to find any information on this side of the family past his parents (Ernst Alves, Sr. and Paula Kloepper). Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!
      -Mason

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.