Reile Family

Welcome Forums Genealogy Comal County Queries Reile Family

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I am looking for information on a Prussian family named Reile who immigrated to Comal in around 1855. Specifically I am looking for information on Johann Reile or John Reil. He was born around 1850. Thank you

Vida
        Participant

Hello,

I hope that you still occasionally check this site for replies. While looking online for information about my family I came across your posts then signed up in order to answer your request.
        My maiden name is Elvira Reil and I am the third child of Dennis P. Reil III and Dennis Reil, or Dennis/ Dionicio Reil is my Great Grandfather.
        While I was doing my research I came across the name Marcelina Rios who is listed as John Reil’s mother, but it did not list a father. Now I know who the father of my great grandfather was – John Friedrich Reil.
        I knew that we were of German decent, but could not find anything past Dennis Reil I .
        If you get this message please feel free to email and perhaps we could put our histories together to make a nice family tree.
        I hope to hear from others about our family – Reil.
        Blessings,
        Vida

Anonymous

John Friedrich Reiley’s headstone in Oakton, Missouri says Dec 1, 1849 – Nov 5, 1914. His death certificate is online at http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/#search

I have more information on the Reiley family. I descend from John’s sister Caroline Reiley who married August Schorn, and from John’s brother August Reiley Sr who married Marie Engel. Caroline stayed in Texas when the rest of her family moved to Missouri, and August returned to Texas when he became an adult.

Anonymous

Thanks for the response. It may be we are related, although it would not be through a marriage. I am investigating whether John Reiley (variants John Reile and Reil) could have fathered a child when he was a teenager. I am specifically looking into a child named Dionicio Reil (Dennis), son of Marcelina Rios and John Reil. Dennis was born in 1866, and we know that Marcelina was working for a German family (Reil) around San Marcos.

Anonymous

The following is from LaVerne Pearce, Director of Genealogy:

1860 Census: from “History of New Braunfels…”, Haas, O., page 282.
      Christian Reile (41), Prussia
      Christine (41), Prussia
      Caroline (15), Prussia
      Christian (13), Prussia
      Johanne (10), Prussia
      August (7), Prussia
      Rosine (5), Prussia
      Mathilde (1), Texas

1860 Census: from “History of New Braunfels…”, Haas, O., page 286.
      Ludwig Schorn (49), Nassau
      Elisabeth (51), Nassau
      Heinrich (18), Nassau
      August (16), Nassau
      Gustav (10), Nassau
      Gruenbein, William (17), Prussia

Marriage License Records:
      August Schorn married Caroline Reile (b 24 DEC 1844, d 02 DEC 1923)
      by August Schuchard, Minister, officiating.

August Reile, Sr. married Marie Engel on 21 MAY 1876
      by William Vordenbaum, JP, officiating.

Anonymous

I am looking for information on a Prussian family named Reile who immigrated to Comal in around 1855. Specifically I am looking for information on Johann Reile or John Reil. He was born around 1850. Thank you

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.