Brecher/Groos Family

Welcome Forums Genealogy Comal County Queries Brecher/Groos Family

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jenny82

Sorry for the duplicate posts, it kept giving me an error message.

grampa
      Participant

According to my Marriage Database, Clara Groos married Franz Carl Hoffmann 11/24/1894, Muelder, Rev. J. presiding. Comal County Clerk Marriage records book “G” 1888-1897, CC Genealogy Society marriage records page 12, license 3264. No witnesses. L. Hermann Groos married Louise Brecher 3/2/1874, Schuchard, Rev. August presiding, Comal County Clerk Marriage book E, Vol. 1871-1877, CC Genealogy Society page 24, no witnesses.

jenny82

I have been searching records online for my great great great grandfather’s information. My great great grandmother’s name was Clara Groos (born 1874) and her mother was Louise Brecher (born 1851, daughter of Johann Jacob Brecher original settler of New Braunfels). The 1870 census shows Louise still single in her fauther’s household. The next census, 1880, shows Louise Groos and Clara Groos again living with Johann Brecher and Louise is listed at divorcied which I find very interesting for that time period. I haven’t been able to find a name for Mr Groos – if anyone has any information, please contact me. Thanks!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.